Tech 21 Boost Chorus
The evolution of the chorus effect seems to have gotten stuck in '80s pop, along with over-processed guitars, cheesy synths and popped collars. This ain't that kind of chorus. When we designed the Boost Chorus pedals we went back to the '70s, when choruses were rich, smooth and manly. We figured out what made these vintage stompboxes sound so good and poured that knowledge into a new kind of chorus pedal with greatly improved performance and a whole slew of never-before-heard sounds. Slapback, echo, flanging and doubling effects are all possible from the modestly named Boost Chorus pedals.
Designed primarily for guitar (but sounds great on everything else) the Boost Chorus features unprecedented tweakability for this type of pedal. No fewer than six controls allow players to easily dial-in the right tone, speed and depth of the effect. The Mix control allows a 0-100% wet blend of the effect, while the Level control offers increasing amounts of boost to compensate for the volume loss perceived with chorus. The final control is the Pre-Delay, which alters the chorus' range to produce effects from flange/chorus, to regular chorus, to chorus/doubler. The secret weapon is the Multi Voice switch. Engage this to bask in the multiple chorus voices of an Ensemble-style effect.
Sample settings include such styles as Boss® CE-1, Boss® CE-2, MXR® Micro Chorus, TC®, EHX® Small Clone, EHX® Poly Chorus, EHX® Clone Theory for Bass, Tri-mode Chorus, Tri-Flange, Rotovibe®, and Early Reflections.
100% analog Mix, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
• Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
• Speed and Depth work in conjunction to control their respective functions
of the modulation.
• Pre-Delay (Boost Chorus) adds delay to the chorus effect before mixing
it back in, achieving a wide range from flange/chorus to regular chorus
• Detune (Boost Chorus Bass) alters the choral voicing up or down,
giving you a chorus sound without modulation when Speed and Depth are
set at minimum.
• Multi Voice adds dimension and thickens the sound with additional
• Buffered bypass eliminates the shortcomings associated with "true bypass" (pops and clicks, and high-end loss when multiple pedals are connected together), as well as signal loss associated with other types of switching circuits.
• Custom, silent-switching actuator.
• Heavy duty, all metal construction.
• Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2