John East MMSR 3 Knob 2 Band
The MMSR 3 Knob 2 Band has been designed with characteristics very similar to the original MM Stingray© 2 Band EQ, in order to retain the same interaction between the MM pickup and the electronics, crucial in creating the original pre EB sound colours. Our circuit additionally has separate stages for the bass and treble, allowing us to further enhance and extend the bass control.
- Single Knob - VOLUME
- Single Knob - Late 70s MM style TREBLE
- Single Knob - Late 70s MM style enhanced BASS
This unit is supplied fully wired, with 3 single pots & knobs, Switchcraft jack plus battery clip, which may be spliced into an existing battery box, as would be available in most MM style basses. There are screw terminals for the pickup connections for easy installation and a ground wire is provided to connect the bridge and any other grounding points or screening. Out of the box, just connect the pickup, snap on a battery, plug into a rig and you have sound, but remember that the grounding connections are crucial in attaining a solid installation.
The MMSR 2 Band can be supplied with or without a plate, but our plates will fit only SUBs and OLP basses. It will be necessary to use the existing plate on a standard MM bass.
NOTE: The MMSR 3 Knob 2 Band without plate, is suitable for the MM Sabre© too. It includes connection for the bright toggle.
What they say!
* Hi John, the preamp is installed now and I played the bass since 1 hour : I like the new sound, I prefer that than the original MusicMan sound. It’s like I have installed new strings, that slams if I completely turn on the treble and about the bass sounds, its are more hots. Thank you for your work! Best wishes. Gil - France
* Hi John, First let me say thanks for the MMSR 3 Knob 3 Band which I installed in my bass & used it the same night for gig, as I said I knew it would be good and no surprise it was awesome!!. My ears soon adjusted to the sweet tone of the EQ. The bass curve was smooth and the rise towards the lower frequencies is genius.The treble control was smooth yet progressive it made the strings sing and shimmer with a uniform zinginess but without the high end raspiness and noise of the old eq. My bass hasn't changed its voice the but it now speaks a lot sexier and clearer! Doug - UK
* I'm very impressed by your preamp... I love passive basses, and your pre is the only I've tried doesn't sounds sterile at all... My bass sounds more "passive like" with your pre engaged than with the pre completely bypassed... It make my bass sound softer, warmer, bigger, punchier, more old-school, more mean... I can obtain easily that Sade's Paul Denman sound, that Springsteen's Garry Tallent sound, that Chic's Bernard Edwards sounds... All the great pre-EB StingRay's sounds are here! Thank you! Vanni - Italy