Fender American Vintage II Precision Bass
Building on the success of their acclaimed American Vintage and Original ranges, Fender's revamped American Vintage II Series takes things up a notch! Comprising dozens of remarkably precise recreations of timeless Fender designs, these guitars are built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes, and meticulously-voiced, year-specific pickups. The American Vintage II Series painstakingly pays tribute to the revolutionary instruments that altered the course of popular music forever, with each model capturing the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The late '50s to the early '60s was a watershed period in the development of the Precision Bass, a time of transition that would see the introduction of many new appointments that would become synonymous with the P-Bass. By 1960, the design had eclipsed the earlier cues culled from the Telecaster — now the P-Bass had a Strat-style headstock shape, comfortable contours, pickguard-mounted electronics and an adjustable 4-saddle bridge.
Featuring a premium Alder body, Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup and a substantial "C"-shaped Maple neck mated with a 7.25"-radius slab Rosewood fingerboard — the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: 1960 "C"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Joint: 4-Bolt
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Slab Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Clay Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles (Chrome Bridge Cover Included)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Pickup: Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil Precision
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Vintage-Style Brown with Orange Interior (Included)