Fender American Vintage II 54 Precision Bass
Building on the success of their acclaimed American Vintage and Original ranges, Fender's revamped American Vintage II Series takes things up a notch! Comprising dozens of remarkably precise recreations of timeless Fender designs, these guitars are built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes, and meticulously-voiced, year-specific pickups. The American Vintage II Series painstakingly pays tribute to the revolutionary instruments that altered the course of popular music forever, with each model capturing the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Precision Bass, the world's first electric bass, represents one of the most important developments in music history. For the first time, bass players had access to a portable, precisely-intonated, amplified instrument. Although it initially shared many design cues with the Telecaster, such as an oversized Tele headstock, slab body and chrome control plate, by 1954, the P-Bass had been updated with the same sweeping curves and contoured edges of the newly-launched Stratocaster. The American Vintage II 1954 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original, in delicious detail!
Key features include a substantial '54 "C"-shaped maple neck with a 7.25"-radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets, for that nostalgic retro feel. The Pure Vintage 2-saddle bridge with fiber saddles, reverse open-gear tuners, finger rest and '54 Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup deliver classic Fender "thump" and style.
- Gloss Nitro Finish — Nitrocellulose is a famously thin, vintage-style lacquer that allows the instrument to breathe for beautiful resonance. It ages nicely too, yielding an organic "played-in" feel that wears naturally over time.
- Pure Vintage '54 Single-Coil — This vintage-voiced pickup produces a punchy sound with plenty of low-end!
- 2-Saddle Bridge — A truly traditional bridge, equipped with period-correct fiber saddles for "time capsule" tones.
- "C"-Shaped Maple Neck — A thick, supportive neck profile adorned with vintage tall frets.
- Vintage-Style Tweed Case — A rugged hard case is included, offering excellent protection. It features a luxurious crushed red interior too!
- Made in Corona, California — All American Vintage II guitars are constructed in Fender's main California factory; the beating heart of Fender craftsmanship.
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Profile: 1954 "C"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Joint: 4-Bolt
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 2-Saddle Precision Bass with Fiber Saddles, Serialized (Chrome Bridge Cover Included)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Pickup: Pure Vintage '54 Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Strings: Fender USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Case: Vintage-Style Tweed with Crushed Red Interior (Included)