Fender Vintera 50s Precision Bass
Fender’s Vintera range embodies everything that put the iconic guitar company on the map. Channelling the mojo of their finest ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s instruments, the Vintera models also boast a surprisingly affordable price point. With the ‘50s Precision Bass, it’s back to the very beginning.
Body & Neck
An Alder body provides the perfect blank tonal canvas, with a Gloss Polyester finish for that old-school automobile sheen. Alder is known for its balanced tone, but with a slightly pronounced upper midrange. Think of the warm, honking basslines of classic Motown records.
A 1-piece Maple neck/fretboard perfectly contrasts the warm mids of the Alder with some added top-end clarity. This gives the Vintera ‘50s P Bass an emphasised attack and ensures that the bass sits nicely in any mix. The Vintage C profile, along with the Gloss Urethane neck finish, provides a clean-cut, classic playing experience.
Hardware & Electronics
Back to basics for the Vintera P Bass – the Vintage-Style '50s Split Single-Coil is the pickup of choice. Two simple tone/volume controls allow you to sculpt your sound out of the Alder/Maple combo. But make no mistake; this is the classic P Bass tonal palette through and through.
Nickel and Chrome hardware, Knurled Flat-Top knobs and Fender’s Vintage 4-saddle P Bass bridge complete the picture. The Vintera ‘50s P Bass will take you back to the golden era of guitar making – magic.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body shape: Precision Bass
- Neck material: Maple
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret size: Vintage
- Neck finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck mounting: 4 bolt
- Neck profile: Vintage "C"
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Nut material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminium
- Truss rod: Vintage-Style
- Tuners: American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass