Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Mustang Bass Black
A guitar that inspires
Go off-grid. It takes a true musical pioneer to stamp their mark on modern music and Justin Meldal-Johnsen has done just that. Never being afraid to push the boundaries and step outside of the box with bands and artists such as Nine Inch Nails, Dixie Chicks, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, and Pink! has earned him a high status in the producing, performing, and songwriting world. It was around a decade ago that Justin decided that the only bass he needed was the Fender Mustang. He found the punch, power, and distinction he desired from this bass as well as it feeling completely natural to perform with.
Now it's time for you to experience its possibilities. Find your own beat.
A neck to impress
It's an extension to your body. Experience a sturdy maple neck crafted into a "C" profile, finished with Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer, and topped with a rosewood fretboard. It simply doesn't get better. You'll fall in love with the way this smoothly shaped neck allows you to lose yourself in a beat while your fingers float up and down the scale creating waves of music magic along the way. Rosewood is the first choice of many artists for a fretboard, not only Justin Meldal-Johnsen, because it adds to the overall tone of your sound as well as being comfortable. Slap, slide, and pick your way to legend.
Pickups with power and punch
Less is more. Equipped with a custom Seymour Duncan split single-coil pickup, the JMJ Road Worn Bass delivers a mighty tone that bounces around the room of any pub, arena, or even stadium. After all this guitar makes you dream big. Control your sound with absolute precision by experimenting with the volume and tone controls and develop a signature style. Whether you're blasting out a rhythmic low end or cutting through the noise with a timeless riff, this bass will respond to your personality and style in a way that resonates. Feel the inspiration to think big. Sketch your own sound.
- Product: Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Mustang Bass RW, Black
- Code: 0144060306
- Series: Road Worn
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Mustang Bass
- Body Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Colour: Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: C
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5''
- Fingerboard Inlays: Aged Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 19
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 41.3 mm
- Scale Length: 30''
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Hipshot "Lollipop"
- Bridge: Vintage Style 4-Saddle Mustang Bass Strings-Through-Body
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: Custom Seymour Duncan Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass
- Controls: Master Volume/Master Tone
- Strings: Fender USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Case: Gig Bag Included