Fender American Original 60s Precision Bass
Fender American Original '60s Precision Bass
Rather than focussing on specific model years, the American Originals have cherry picked a number of features from across a certain decade and combined this with modern features such as a 9.5" Radius on the Fretboard, and 6105 style Tall Vintage frets for a lower action that won't fret-out on bends.
This Vintage Modern approach combines classic old school features like thin skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer and meticulously reproduced period correct pickups with some modern electronics and neck profiles.
By the 1960s, the Precision Bass was the workhorse electric bass; from the clubs of Detroit to the beaches of Southern California, its tone laid the foundation for modern music. The American Original ‘60s Precision Bass has all of the features with which the P Bass conquered the world of music—elegantly simple, its sound, style and comfort are joined by modern playability.
The Pure Vintage ’63 P Bass split-coil pickup is as period-correct as possible, from the enamel- coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There’s no mistaking the powerful punch of this pickup that helped shape the sound of modern music. The thick “1963 C”-shaped neck prfile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5”-radius fingerboard will feel familiar to any player. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An updated take on the instrument that created the pop culture soundtrack of the 20th century, the American Original ‘60s Precision Bass is the best way to get original-era sound and style with today’s feel.
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Blonde (Red Interior)
- Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass with Threaded Steel "Barrel" Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: New American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fretboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fret Size: Tall Vintage-Style
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.74" (44.19 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust