The J-RETRO 01 is designed to fit directly into standard "Jazz" style basses without modification, including a PP3 battery, in most cases. Its high quality circuit uses three stacked knobs and includes an active blend circuit plus a 3 band equaliser with bass, variable frequency mid, treble and bright function.
A very gentle built in contour gives immediate colour without detracting from the basic sound of any bass.
The active blend circuit prevents the loss associated with many passive basses where, when both pickups are up full, the signal from one pickup feeds into the other and vice versa.
However, a switch is included to allow a passive equal mix of both pickups. A second switch - basic "get-you-out-of-trouble" passive mode is included in case the battery dies in crucial circumstances, and this mode allows some useful settings too.
EASY TO FIT, NO ROUTING OR MODS TO MOST J STYLE BASSES.
A STANDARD PP3 BATTERY FITS UNDER THE PLATE IN THE STANDARD CAVITY IN MOST CASES.
HARDWARE OPTIONS: Chrome, Black or Gold. (Can be mixed by special request)
J-Retro 01 YouTube Demo
What they say!
* It arrived about 12 and I installed it after lunch. Thanks for such prompt service. Your retro pre-amp gives an amazing range of tones for me to play with, like having a totally different bass, but still a Jazz. Can't wait to see how it sounds in the band mix in a couple of days. All the best! Tony - UK
* I’ve purchased one of your J-Retro 01 preamps for my fretless ’98 Mexi Jazz, and installed with no problems. I’m using Lindy Fralin split-coil pickups, with a 5% overwound bridge pickup. Oh my…I think this just became my favorite bass! Those Fralin pickups have all sorts of growly tones buried in there, and the preamp brings them out VERY nicely. Scott
* I got my bass back today from Feline Guitars, with the new Pre-amp fitted. What can I say? I love it and It's made an amazing difference to the sound. Many thanks for a great piece of kit!! Regards Roy - UK
* Hello John, The J-Retro already arrived today and I just popped it in my bass within a few minutes. It sounds great. At first I thought it was putting its own very big EQ curve on the sound when set to neutral but then I figured out the notch on the bass knob is meaningless because its boost only, which is perfect. A little bass boost is all I want most of the time. The black knobs look perfect. Thank you John. Paul - Canada
* The J-Retro transformed my Geddy Lee Jazz and the pickups were well balanced. They really are great preamps. My home made bass which uses a status graphite jazz neck, seymour duncan p/j and a badass bridge is absolutely perfect and your circuit / bass beats the pants off a few high level instruments I've had! Thanks very much. Vin - UK
|Call To Purchase||No|